The Rento Dried Birch Sauna Whisks or Vihta/Vasta as they are known in Finnish, are an excellent traditional way of cleansing the skin in the sauna. Birch is known for it's healing properties and notably the leaves of birch contain the ideal blend of saponins and tannins to create a healthy natural 'soap'. Simply re-hydrate the freeze-dried vihta in some warm fresh water within the green netting for 15 minutes. Then remove the vihta from the net and it will be ready for use. Gently whip yourself with the vihta during the sauna for proper cleansing.
Using a Birch sauna whisk is an ancient hygiene tradition and is highly regarded throughout Finland. Using the Vihta is particularly noted for creating an incomparable clean feeling following a sauna, especially when sauna bathing and whisking is combined with a cold plunge. Using a vihta that is regularly dipped into cold water will provide cool, refreshing relief during the sauna bath. A Vihta can be used once or twice after which they should be disposed of or composted.
The item is a single packaged vihta, not a three pack. The three pictured in the main product photo are for display purposes only.
Some Finn's like to soften the re-hydrated leaves on the hot sauna stones, then soak it again in cold water. Caution should be taken with this approach to avoid burning or scalding, as well as dried leaves reaching the firebox or heating elements.
Directions for use: Soak the whisks before going to the sauna. Remove the packaging but leave the netting around the whisk. Immerse it first in lukewarm water for 20 to 25 minutes. Carefully loosen the netting and let the whisk sit in warm (not hot) water for another 5 to 10 minutes. Put fresh water in the sauna bucket for the whisk. The warm water that has been infused with its branches works well for sauna steam and gives the sauna a pleasant scent. You can start to use the whisk when your skin has warmed up nicely – gently whisk yourself or your fellow sauna goers. After the sauna, lightly rinse the whisk and let it hang in a cool, dry place. You can reuse it following the same instructions.
Purchasing & Delivery
Before You Buy
To avoid disappointment on day of delivery, be sure to measure the area you plan to place your new sauna equipment and compare this with measurements under the product specification tab, before placing your order. Please ensure you measure any doorways (height and width) through which any large sauna equipment must pass to get to its final position. Identify any delivery obstacles and check that the sauna equipment can clear any stairs, low ceilings, sharp corners or elevators. Please note, we use independent couriers to deliver all our products and thus we cannot confirm whether the courier is willing and able to help with delivery beyond the threshold of the property. Should you require any specialist delivery support, please contact us to discuss ahead of your purchase.
- Recorded Next Day Delivery* is available on all marked products for orders to the UK Mainland. The product will be marked as such within the product description ("Order before 2pm to guarantee next day delivery on this item") where this service is offered. The customer must order before 2pm to guarantee receipt of the product Next Day*. * Next Day Delivery guarantees next working day only, for orders within UK Mainland.
- All other products** are subject to 3-10 working days shipping time with tracked and recorded courier. Please note, some of our items are shipped direct from manufacturer. ** Excludes sauna cabins & installations.
- Sauna Cabin delivery times can vary considerably, especially those that are made to order. Please contact us for manufacturing and delivery time estimates for sauna cabins. Where installation for cabins and bespoke installations is requested, this will be completed in the next available time window which may be sometime after the delivery of goods. Please contact us to confirm delivery and installation requirements and timings.
- Expedited Delivery or installation services may be available upon request, but extra charges will apply.
Warranty InformationManufacturers Warranty
A two year manufacturers warranty applies on all products commencing from the point of sale/purchase from Finnmark Ltd.#1: What does this warranty cover?
The warranty covers it covers any defects in material and workmanship under normal use. A warranty claim cannot be made on domestic equipment being installed in a commercial environment.#2: What will we do to correct problems?
In the rare case that a warranty claim is required, Finnmark Ltd provide replacements for any confirmed broken parts of a product. Where this is not possible, Finnmark may offer a replacement but the customer may be required to return the product to Finnmark Ltd or to the manufacturer, at the customers expense. The customer should follow the claims procedure laid out below.#3: How long does the coverage last?
The manufacturers warranty covers all items purchased directly from Finnmark Ltd for 2 years commencing the point of sale/purchase by the customer.#4: What does this warranty not cover?
The following are not covered by the manufacturers warranty:
- Theft or loss of the product.
- Usage of domestic equipment within a commercial environment.
- Damage of a product resulting from negligence.
- Damage of a product resulting from unauthorized modification of the product.
- Damage caused by natural disaster.
- Consequential and indirect damage caused.
To make a warranty claim, the customer is required to:
- Provide all information required by Finnmark to assess the issue.
- Finnmark Ltd may request detailed photographs of the product. For example a heater may require photos of the elements, power supply and drivers to assess what may be required to fix the product.
- Finnmark Ltd will make a judgement based on this information as to what replacement parts may be needed or if the product needs to be returned and replaced.
- Where a replacement is granted, the customer must first return the initial product to Finnmark Ltd or may be required to be sent to the product manufacturer, this will be confirmed by Finnmark Ltd during the claims procedure. The return shall be at the expense of the customer and should be sent via a recorded courier service. Finnmark Ltd holds no liability for items lost or damaged in transit.
All warranty claims are handled in accordance with the laws of the United Kingdom where Finnmark Ltd is based and registered.
We are currently able to accept the following payment methods:
- Credit & Debit Card (including Mastercard, Visa & American Express)
- Amazon Pay
- Bank Transfer
Ask A Question
To find out more about Sauna Whisks / Sauna Vihta - Birch & Eucalyptus fill out the short form below and we'll get back to you as soon as we can.