Careers - Workshop & Joinery Technician
It’s an exciting time for us here at Finnmark and 2020 is looking to be another big year. We’re committed to exceeding customer expectations, delivering authentic Finnish sauna installations, we need the best people in our team to do just that.Workshop & Joinery Technician
Durham - £26,000 - £30,000 a year
We are looking for an ambitious self-starter to join our rapidly growing team. The ideal match for this role is someone highly skilled in workshop joinery with an uncompromising attention to detail. The successful candidate will be coming in as we expand into a larger space and thus will be required to advice on new workshop equipment and layout, thus experience in managing and developing a joinery workshop is preferred. Knowledge of and the ability to interpret designs for construction, as well as experience managing stock levels and working on a variety of workshop hardware are essential
The day to day responsibilities of the job include:
- Building custom bench kits to the designed spec.
- Picking and packing timber orders and the bespoke installation trailers.
- Profiling raw timber into cladding.
- Prefabricating timber frame materials for installs and garden buildings.
- Constructing window and door frames for indoor and outdoor environments.
- Ensuring the workshop and warehouse remain dust and dirt free with exemplary factory hygiene.
- Ensure all health and safety regulations are followed meticulously.
- Managing workshop stock levels and advising when materials are low and need reordering.
- Help keep equipment inventory and maintenance records for tools and machinery.
Our team are fun, dynamic and highly innovative. We boast flexi-time, a nice office environment and the team get a weekly Swedish massage from a trained masseuse. The role will also be eligible for a discretionary bonus based on performance.
Must be OK with dogs as there is an office dog.
Forklift training considered very desirable. Holding a current driving licence is a prerequisite of the job role. The job does occasionally require the ability to tow a trailer to deliver equipment to site. You may in some circumstances very occasionally be required to attend an install to assist if needed.
We are offering full time stable position in a growing company that is investing substantially in new equipment and staff training.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £26,000.00 to £28,000.00 /year
- Workshop: 5 years (Preferred)
- Joinery: 5 years (Preferred)
- Full UK Driving Licence (Preferred)
- Forklift Licence (Preferred)
To apply for this role, please submit a current CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org