Design and Materials Service
Get professional plans and a comprehensive bundle of materials for your sauna from our expert designers, for peace of mind throughout the design, specification, and procurement stages of your project.
We at Finnmark appreciate that our premium bespoke service and the obsession with the perfect fit and finish is not right for everyone. This is why we offer our Design and Materials package. The Design and Materials package is ideal for customers looking to do a self-build project or where a local contractor undertaking the installation is more in line with their budget. If getting a tailored bespoke service, a perfect finish and a curated design and installation service is not that important to you, then the Design and Materials service may be more in line with your requirements. With this you get Finnmark quality designs and an authentic Finnish sauna at a more budget price-point.
What to expect:
One of our design consultants will schedule a video call to discuss the project, feasibility and design, material and layout options, and their benefits and limitations. You will need to provide plans and photos of the proposed space or spaces prior to this to be reviewed on the call. They will work through a series of detailed questions and options to help ensure we hit the nail on the head with the design. Please allow up to two hours for this call. If you are very decisive and know what you want, this may be faster. You will be sent a follow up email confirming what design preferences were agreed.
Following this, the design consultant will schedule in the time for the creation of your custom design pack.
The design pack includes:
- Illustrative dimensioned design (digital and printed A4 copy)
- Dimensioned site plan for your builder/contractor to work to. This includes Mechanical and Electrical recommendations for ventilation & power supply (digital and printed A3 copy)
- Fabrication drawing for the bench system, lighting and other custom items (digital and printed A3 copy)
- Phase plan/instruction guide for the installation (digital and printed A4 copy)
You will also get:
- A custom basket with all the specialist materials needed to complete this installation (email with link to custom checkout). ,
- A quotation for the prefabrication of the bench system and custom items in our workshop. Should you choose to go ahead with a prefabricated bench system, you will receive it in made-to-measure, easy to assemble elements with photo instructions on how to fit the benches in your sauna. This makes installation much quicker and easier on site. 
Please find an example of the Design Pack below:
Design Pack pictures
We aim to provide you with your design pack within two weeks of the initial video call. This fluctuates however depending on demand and can be significantly longer. Once at the front of the pipeline a design usually takes one of our skilled designers several days to put together for you.
What you do not get:
- Project management
- Day by day installation support. We are happy to answer the odd question that might arise but most competent builders should be able to follow the plans and instructions without issue. **If the builder/contractor is having to call daily to ask questions we will need to charge for this time** This is not a managed installation service. For this, our bespoke service would be required.
- Free redesigns – it is important that you are clear and concise in the call with our design consultant to ensure the specification is clearly understood prior to design work starting. Redesign work, if required, is billed for in advance.
The creation of the custom design pack is available at the one-time price of £700, charged in advance. You can either call us to discuss this service on 02080 502895 or simply purchase the service and one of our team will be in touch to schedule your initial call.
 Not all materials.
 the basket will be based on materials that are available at the time, if you don’t intend to check out for several months please note the items may no longer be available when you come to check out. If you need to make substitutions due to this, you may require another design to accommodate the changes.
 This quotation is valid for 28 days. Once confirmed the bench system will be scheduled in to our fabrication pipeline. You should confirm with the design consultant on the initial call what current lead times are on specific materials and services required and confirming lead time requirements with candour.
 If your design is time sensitive, please ask for the current estimated timescales prior to committing to this service as we may not be able to deliver this service within your timelines.