Careers - Technical Construction Designer
It’s an exciting time for us here at Finnmark and 2020 is looking to be another big year. We’re committed to exceeding customer expectations, delivering authentic Finnish sauna installations, we need the best people in our team to do just that.Technical/Construction Designer (Architectural Technician)
Durham - £26,000 - £30,000 a year
We are looking for an ambitious self-starter to join our rapidly growing team. The ideal match for this role is someone with a proven track record preparing drawings, designs, specifications and schedules and assisting with client management. The role best suits someone with Architectural Technician experience.
You will also be coordinating the design team and mentoring your team. You will already have a number of years' worth of experience within the UK construction industry, with a proven ability to design in accordance with statutory design requirements. Experience designing for high-end marketplace companies and high net worth individuals & public figures is highly desirable. This is a client-facing role so you must be a confident and capable individual.
Experience in a variety of CAD packages is preferred, please include a list of CAD software you would consider yourself highly capable in using with your application.
To work as a Technical/Construction Designer (Architectural Technician) at Finnmark you must:
- Be qualified in a relevant subject.
- Ideally, already have a number of years' worth of experience in practice.
- You should also be able to demonstrate a keen interest and passion for residential architecture which will be supported by a portfolio of work.
- Ideally, you will have a strong working knowledge of AutoCAD, Sketchup, CREO and/or Solidworks.
- You will have sound knowledge of UK building regulations/ producing and submitting planning applications.
- Strong design flair.
- Possess strong communication skills for high net worth clients.
Our team are fun, dynamic and highly innovative. We boast flexi-time, a nice office environment and the team get a weekly Swedish massage from a trained masseuse. The role will also be eligible for a discretionary bonus based on performance.
Must be OK with dogs as there is an office dog.
We are offering a full-time stable position in a growing company that is investing substantially in expansion, new equipment and staff training.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £26,000.00 to £30,000.00 /year
- CAD: 4 years (Preferred)
- Architectural Technician or similar: 4 years (Required)
- Bachelor's (Required)
Flexible Working Options Available:
To apply for this role, please submit a current CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org