Kingspan Sauna Satu (previously SPU Sauna Satu) is designed specifically for insulating the walls and ceilings of a sauna, as well as the roof surfaces of wet rooms.
Kingspan Sauna Satu is made of a lightweight thermally stable polyurethane board. Thanks to its excellent insulation capacity, the thickness of insulation needed in a stone wall, for instance, is half of the amount needed compared to Rockwool, the aluminium paper surface also reflects back some heat radiation improving the overall heat insulation capacity of the sauna structure.
The Kingspan sauna insulation boards are easy to work with, they can be cut, milled, drilled and nailed and have full tongue-and-groove edging all around, quick to fit, lightweight and easy to handle even in confined spaces. Kingspan sauna satu is perfect for saunas with both stone and timber structures.
Kingspan Sauna Satu insulation boards stop mould damage by preventing water from penetrating the wall and ceiling structure, a complete water seal can be achieved by using sealing tape on joints together with joint glue.
The sauna insulation boards do not shrink, decay, and are specifically designed to withstand hot and humid conditions extremely well. Using Kingspan Sauna Satu you can seal out humidity and heat from the structure allowing your bespoke sauna to heat up safely and efficiently, the sauna insulation can withstand continuous temperatures of +100oC.
These should be used in preference to traditional PIR insulation boards which will degrade at the temperatures present in most saunas. When traditional PIR boards thermally degrade, they can release hydrogen cyanide so it's important to use this specific sauna insulation board in sauna construction.Moisture safety
Kingspan Sauna-Satu insulation is not hydrogen, shrink, rot or mould. However, the structures must always be handled with care if the structures are exposed to moisture.Fire retardant properties
Kingspan insulated solutions meet their fire regulations. In the event of a fire, Kingspan Sauna-Satu insulation is slowly charred, whereby the carbonated layer slows down the penetration of the fire in the insulation layer.Water vapour resistance
The water vapour resistance of the Kingspan Sauna-Satu insulation with aluminium laminate surface is many times higher than the 0.2 mm plastic film. There is no need for a separate vapour barrier when using Kingspan Sauna-Satu insulation.
- Width: 600 mm
- Length: 1200 mm
- Thickness: 30 mm
- Thermal conductivity (λ D ) EN ISO 10456, EN 13165: 0,023 W / mK
- Duration of heat: continuous heat + 100 ° C
- Emission rating of building materials: M1
- Full tongue-and-groove edging all round
- Coating: Aluminium laminate on both sides of the board
- Fire behaviour EN 13501-1 EN 13823 EN ISO 11925-2: E
Purchasing & Delivery
Before You Buy
To avoid disappointment on day of delivery, be sure to measure the area you plan to place your new sauna equipment and compare this with measurements under the product specification tab, before placing your order. Please ensure you measure any doorways (height and width) through which any large sauna equipment must pass to get to its final position. Identify any delivery obstacles and check that the sauna equipment can clear any stairs, low ceilings, sharp corners or elevators. Please note, we use independent couriers to deliver all our products and thus we cannot confirm whether the courier is willing and able to help with delivery beyond the threshold of the property. Should you require any specialist delivery support, please contact us to discuss ahead of your purchase.
- Recorded Next Day Delivery* is available on all marked products for orders to the UK Mainland. The product will be marked as such within the product description ("Order before 2pm to guarantee next day delivery on this item") where this service is offered. The customer must order before 2pm to guarantee receipt of the product Next Day*. * Next Day Delivery guarantees next working day only, for orders within UK Mainland.
- All other products** are subject to 3-10 working days shipping time with tracked and recorded courier. Please note, some of our items are shipped direct from manufacturer. ** Excludes sauna cabins & installations.
- Sauna Cabin delivery times can vary considerably, especially those that are made to order. Please contact us for manufacturing and delivery time estimates for sauna cabins. Where installation for cabins and bespoke installations is requested, this will be completed in the next available time window which may be sometime after the delivery of goods. Please contact us to confirm delivery and installation requirements and timings.
- Expedited Delivery or installation services may be available upon request, but extra charges will apply.
Warranty InformationManufacturers Warranty
A two year manufacturers warranty applies on all products commencing from the point of sale/purchase from Finnmark Ltd.#1: What does this warranty cover?
The warranty covers it covers any defects in material and workmanship under normal use. A warranty claim cannot be made on domestic equipment being installed in a commercial environment.#2: What will we do to correct problems?
In the rare case that a warranty claim is required, Finnmark Ltd provide replacements for any confirmed broken parts of a product. Where this is not possible, Finnmark may offer a replacement but the customer may be required to return the product to Finnmark Ltd or to the manufacturer, at the customers expense. The customer should follow the claims procedure laid out below.#3: How long does the coverage last?
The manufacturers warranty covers all items purchased directly from Finnmark Ltd for 2 years commencing the point of sale/purchase by the customer.#4: What does this warranty not cover?
The following are not covered by the manufacturers warranty:
- Theft or loss of the product.
- Usage of domestic equipment within a commercial environment.
- Damage of a product resulting from negligence.
- Damage of a product resulting from unauthorized modification of the product.
- Damage caused by natural disaster.
- Consequential and indirect damage caused.
To make a warranty claim, the customer is required to:
- Provide all information required by Finnmark to assess the issue.
- Finnmark Ltd may request detailed photographs of the product. For example a heater may require photos of the elements, power supply and drivers to assess what may be required to fix the product.
- Finnmark Ltd will make a judgement based on this information as to what replacement parts may be needed or if the product needs to be returned and replaced.
- Where a replacement is granted, the customer must first return the initial product to Finnmark Ltd or may be required to be sent to the product manufacturer, this will be confirmed by Finnmark Ltd during the claims procedure. The return shall be at the expense of the customer and should be sent via a recorded courier service. Finnmark Ltd holds no liability for items lost or damaged in transit.
All warranty claims are handled in accordance with the laws of the United Kingdom where Finnmark Ltd is based and registered.
We are currently able to accept the following payment methods:
- Credit & Debit Card (including Mastercard, Visa & American Express)
- Amazon Pay
- Bank Transfer
Ask A Question
To find out more about Kingspan Sauna Satu Sauna Insulation Board (30mmx600mmx1200mm) fill out the short form below and we'll get back to you as soon as we can.