Tupas Sauna Hat Natural Linen Jokipiin Pellava Natural/Black
- Made from a fine linen cotton mix
- Protects hair and scalp in the sauna and keeps the head warm, for example outside in the hot tub
- Woven in Jokipiin West Finland
- Durable, comfortable and absorbs moisture without getting too wet
This sauna cap will protect your hair and scalp while enjoying the sauna and will keep your head warm and cosy while sitting in the outdoor hot tub. The material is a linen terry fabric, which is woven and sewn at Jokipii, Western Finland, without any chemicals in the production process. In order to finish off the linen fabric and ensure its smoothness, only hot steam is used. Linen. Luxurious, ecological, sustainable. What more can you ask for a material!
WHY JOKIPIIN PELLAVA TUPAS SAUNA HAT?
Jokipiin Pellava, located at Jokipii, Western Finland, was established in 1920. They are renowned for their linen and linen/cotton home textiles, especially for their kitchen and sauna products. The brand is well-known in Finland and overseas alike. They have developed a comprehensive production process that is eco friendly and considers all environmental aspects related to industrial production. The linen yarn they use comes from Western European farms, which enables them to trace the origins of the fibre and ensure its natural cultivation and manufacturing process. Their linen and cotton yarns are Ökotex-approved guaranteeing that they do not contain harmful chemicals.
Jokipiin Pellava prides themselves on their durable, long-lasting products that can be passed on as heirloom items. Eco consciousness is not limited just to the yarn and fabric as recycling is an integral part of their manufacturing process, too. All this contributes to a small ecological footprint!
Linen absorbs moisture exceptionally well without feeling wet, making it perfect for your bathroom and sauna rituals. What's more, it is skin-friendly, used since times immemorial for fine textiles. Today, it is enjoying huge popularity and for a reason!
QUICK AND EASY CARE INSTRUCTIONS:
- Wash linen products separately from other washing (wash dark and light colours separately)
- Completely soak the textiles before washing, especially linen terry (this is to ensure that the water in the machine is not absorbed into the textiles but instead used for washing and rinsing off the loose fibres)
- Regularly check the machine’s lint filter, especially before and after washing a product for the first time
- 60° C wash, “mild” spin-drying, half-full loading
- Straighten and smooth out the textiles and hang on washing line to dry
- Flat-woven textiles must be mangled when damp