Finnmark Sauna Domestic Service Package
Just like your car, the stressful environment that a sauna has to endure means it should be serviced at least once per year to maximise its longevity. A well maintained and serviced sauna can easily last 5-10 years longer than one that is not. In line with typical operations and maintenance manuals for saunas, a sauna should be regularly cleaned and maintained, with a detailed service at least once per year.
At Finnmark we don’t offer tiered service packages because we find it too difficult to walk away knowing that only half the job has been done. That is why the Finnmark Sauna Domestic Service Package includes a detailed 50 point ‘MOT’ check inspection, followed by a full service designed to keep your sauna in tip-top shape and avoid costly repairs.
2. Our Service Package Includes:
1. The Finnmark Sauna MOT/Inspection service is an annual inspection carried out by a trained and skilled technician. Finnmark’s Domestic Sauna MOT is a unique 50 point detailed inspection, including detailed checks on the condition and performance of your sauna heater, sauna lighting performance, cladding and benching wood condition, bench framework integrity checks, glass hardware and hinges checks, ventilation system performance, sauna drainage and a summary hygiene/cleaning report. This includes:
● A detailed written report with a traffic light system highlighting areas ‘requiring urgent attention’, ‘advisory works’ and ‘currently in good condition’.
● A list of any fixes that can be attended to by the technician on the day whilst they are present and completing the servicing.
● A separate quotation for works requiring a return visit, non-standard items, complex repairs requiring additional materials or specialist technicians.
2. Full Sauna Steam Clean of the sauna cladding, benches and flooring.
3. Sanding of sauna benching and cladding where required.
4. Paraffin oil treatment on benching and visible/accessible cladding if applicable. Supi Sauna wax touch ups and rewaxing/staining possible but only possible if a condition report was submitted highlighting this. Supi sauna wax is not included and will be chargeable if required.
5. Glass door/ hinge alignment and tightening. Checks to ball catches and latching mechanisms, where present.
6. Lubrication of hinges.
7. Door/window seal replacement if required (includes labour), parts free where under warranty/chargeable where no longer under warranty. Glazing silicone reapplication if needed.*
8. Heater Stone inspection and replacement (up to 60kg of stones) - additional stones can be purchased as required.
9. Heater Element inspection and replacement if required (includes labour), parts free where under warranty or chargeable where no longer under warranty.*
10. Heater PCB and wiring inspection and replacement if required (includes labour), parts free where under warranty or chargeable where no longer under warranty.*
11. Controller software updates where required.
12. Lighting replacement if required (includes labour), parts free where under warranty or chargeable where no longer under warranty.*
13. Bench frame inspection and tightening as required. We will attempt to reduce any squeak or groan that may develop in time. Re-levelling and feet adjustment where required.
14. Sterilising of sauna drain and refilling the drain trap to prevent smells coming from the trap.
15. Extraction test and optimisation (optimise flow rate where required and minimise extraction noise).
*Sufficient diagnostic photos and evidence required prior to service to establish parts required for replacements. Finnmark can only support with warranty replacements on equipment sold by Finnmark Limited. 3rd party saunas and sauna heaters can be inspected, but if needed, a replacement to one of our trusted brands will be suggested rather than a repair as we do not carry replacement parts for other brands.
Our price for a Domestic Annual Service Package is £995 and includes all labour, travel, and subsistence costs as well as report write up time. This is billed in advance on acceptance. A 10% discount is offered to customers who require bi-annual services.
A 10% discount is offered to customers who schedule 2 or more inspections per year. Please contact us for a quote for sites with multiple saunas, or sauna and steam rooms.
4. Scheduling a Service
Our inspection and servicing visits are scheduled on an annual cycle and so it can be many months before we schedule attendance. It is recommended that inspection and servicing happen annually for typical domestic saunas and twice yearly for heavy-usage saunas (upward of 4 sessions per week). We suggest these are pencilled in well in advance to avoid disappointment.
Our team will work with you to schedule your Sauna Service with an exact time that is mutually convenient for both parties. It is recommended that this service takes place close to the anniversary date of your installation each year for typical domestic usage saunas. For heavy-usage saunas we recommend one at the six months from completion point.
5. Preparing for your Service
You should expect your service to be around a day of attendance including daily travel time for our technician. Some services will be a long day and others may be quite quick and will vary based on the condition, accessibility and items requiring attention.
To get the most out of your service, please be as accommodating as possible to the technician as you have them for that day only. If you limit their access or time when they can be using tools, this may prevent them from completing parts of the service, but you will still be charged.
It is important that the sauna heater is switched off and is completely cooled-off before our technician arrives. If the sauna is still in use or warm, this may prevent them from actioning or completing parts of the service, but you will still be charged.
One of our team members will be in touch with you prior to the service to schedule the exact date at a mutually convenient time. They will ask you to confirm the parking and access arrangements, as well as confirm whether you will be present or whether you have an authorised representative present to act on your behalf, as well as confirm contact information for the visit.
Our team will also ask you to provide a couple of condition photos of your sauna if possible. Whilst this is not essential, if there are any areas visibly requiring attention, by knowing this in advance, they can sometimes bring any specialist equipment and materials to get this done during the service visit and maximise what can be done during your service visit. This helps avoid an additional return visit charge, so it’s well worth sending these. It is our strong preference to help you get an immaculate sauna in a single visit and maximise your value for money, so it really pays to help us to help you.
6. Notable Exclusions
● This is not a sauna service and the technician will attend only to complete the MOT checks. Additional servicing works are charged for on the day, if required and carry a premium because of this. For planned maintenance and servicing we have a separate package, the ‘Finnmark Sauna Domestic Service Package’, which includes the Sauna MOT/Inspection and then a complete suite of servicing works, which includes the most common fixes and servicing highlighted by our MOT’s and Inspections. Preventative maintenance and servicing is by far the most cost-effective way to keep your sauna in tip top condition and most of our customers who chose the ‘Finnmark Sauna Domestic Service Package’ end up saving over time. Please ask one of our team for more information on this service.
● If you or the prior authorised representative (you will need to confirm in writing to our team in advance if someone is present to act on your behalf) is not available, present or reachable at the time of completion of the Inspection/Service, the technician will email the report findings and the quote for any urgent or advisory works will include a return site visit. Please ensure yours or the key contacts phone number is shared with the technician if you are not visibly present at the property at all times during the inspection. Our technicians will try to contact you if there is urgent or advisory works but reserve the right to leave on completion of the MOT/Inspection if they cannot reach you or see you at the property. They are required to look for you in the location you have advised them you will be and if you are not there, they will call you on the number provided to them. If you do not pick up they will knock on the front door or ring the doorbell. If there is still no response, they will leave, and the MOT/Inspection will be deemed complete.
● Callouts. This is an annual service package for preventative maintenance. Callouts for reactive maintenance are billed for on a case by case basis on request.
● Saunas used for commercial applications. If the property where the sauna is installed is considered commercial (holiday homes, spa’s, hotels, B&B’s, wellness retreats, Airbnb, pools, leisure complexes, shared facilities for residential apartments and gated communities, or where customers of any kind are charged for the use of the sauna), a commercial sauna service package is required. For commercial saunas and steam rooms we have a separate service.
● Parking charges (where on-site parking is not available), ULEZ, LEZ and Congestion Zone charges shall be recharged to customers in full.
● This service is for UK Mainland only - Highlands, Islands, NI and EIRE shall be quoted for on a case-by-case basis.
● A surcharge will be issued on a case by case basis for large/oversized saunas >14m³ or those with difficult access requirements at our complete discretion.
● We reserve the right to refuse inspections and servicing based on our capacity. A refund will be issued back to the card you paid with if we are unable to accept the project.
Please get in touch with us if you have any questions about this service at all at email@example.com